The Story So Far...
I started Lego hobby some time before this blog. So before going further I wanted to publish a post just to document the sets I’ve built so far. Once I’m all caught up, I can move on with the new sets and mocs and such.
It all began with buying some Mindstorms sets back in 2007 but sadly I didn’t dedicate enough time to make something useful with those sets. That’s an issue I’m planning to address this time around.
Years after in 2014 I bought Mindstorms EV3. I built some robots with it but it wasn’t very satisfactory. Again will address that in the very near future.
After a few tries with Revell’s plastic models I decided to give Lego a go. That was an epiphany for me. I had all this Lego for developing robots, all the electronics (LEDs, Arduinos, Raspberry Pis). Everything I can combine with Lego to create great models.
As a test project to see if I would like Lego going forward I ordered Technic BASH!
- Next up I paid a visit to Lego store in Leicester Square which is a fantastic place to visit:
- Got my first set from the store: Creator Expert Harley-Davidson Fat Boy 10269
- After that I started to order some smaller sets. Spending hundreds of pounds on Lego was inconceivable at that point. It’s funny how things changed in such a short period of time. Here are a few smaller sets I built and put on display after:
- I also bought some keychains and started a small collection there too:
- At this point I realized that Lego sets almost never lose value which is why lots of people invest in Lego. Probably wasn’t great that I discovered this because I ended up with this:
- I’m also interested in building my own MOCs. So I bought whole bunch of bulk Lego on eBay. Sorted some and my inventory system looks like this:
- I like the look of the inventory but when I tried to find which sets I can build using this inventory the results for quite disappointing. So I bought even more bulk Lego and currently in the process of sorting it
So this is clearly an ongoing process and I have LOTS of Lego to sort. I ordered more containers. In the next post I will discuss all different types of storage I use.
Clearly this is a very exhausting and time-consuming chore but it needs to be done before I can get serious about it. Now that I’m all caught up in this blog on my Lego journey I will try and post regularly about what comes next.